Run the Camunda BPM platform in every Java-runnable environment. Camunda BPM is supported with our QA infrastructure in the following environments. Here you can find more information about our enterprise support.
Please note that the environments listed in this section depend on the version of the Camunda BPM platform. Please select the corresponding version of this documentation to see the environment that fits to your version of the Camunda BPM platform. e.g., supported environments for version 7.3
Container/Application Server for Runtime Components
Application-Embedded Process Engine
- All Java application servers
- Camunda Spring Boot Starter: Embedded Tomcat (see Supported versions and Deployment scenarios)
Container-Managed Process Engine and Camunda Cockpit, Tasklist, Admin
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 / 8.0 / 9.0
- JBoss EAP 6.4 / 7.0 / 7.1 / 7.2
- Wildfly Application Server 10.1 / 11.0 / 12.0 / 13.0 / 14.0 / 15.0 / 16.0 / 17.0 / 18.0 / 19.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 / 9.0 (Enterprise Edition only)
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (12R2) (Enterprise Edition only) and Deployment scenarios).
Supported Database Products
- MySQL 5.6 / 5.7
- MariaDB 10.0 / 10.2 / 10.3
- Oracle 11g / 12c / 18c / 19c
- IBM DB2 10.5 / 11.1 (excluding IBM z/OS for all versions)
- PostgreSQL 9.4 / 9.6 / 10.4 / 10.7 / 11.1 / 11.2 / 12.2
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL compatible with PostgreSQL 9.6 / 10.4 / 10.7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017 (see Configuration Note)
- H2 1.4 (not recommended for Cluster Mode - see Deployment Note)
Database Clustering & Replication
Clustered or replicated databases are supported given the following conditions. The communication between Camunda BPM and the database cluster has to match with the corresponding non-clustered / non-replicated configuration. It is especially important that the configuration of the database cluster guarantees the equivalent behavior of READ-COMMITTED isolation level.
- MariaDB Galera Cluster: Galera Cluster for MariaDB is supported with specific configuration settings and some known limitations. See Details.
- Google Chrome latest
- Mozilla Firefox latest
- Microsoft Edge
- Java 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 (if supported by your application server/container)
- Oracle JDK 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14
- IBM JDK 8 (with J9 JVM)
- OpenJDK 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14, including builds of the following products:
- Oracle OpenJDK
- AdoptOpenJDK (with HotSpot JVM)
- Amazon Corretto
- Azul Zulu
Supported on the following platforms:
- Windows 7 / 10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Ubuntu LTS (latest)
Reported to work on
- Ubuntu 12.04 and newer
- Fedora 21
- Debian 8
Check our Enterprise Announcements page for confirmed changes to our supported environments in upcoming releases.
Whenever a new version of one of the following environments is released, we target support of that new version with the next minor release of Camunda BPM:
- Java Language
- Wildfly Application Server
- Oracle Database
The exact release in which we support a new environment depends on factors such as the release date of the environment and the required implementation effort.
Version support for other environments is decided case by case, much of which is based on the demand in our user base.