Run the Camunda Platform in every Java-runnable environment. Camunda Platform is supported with our QA infrastructure in the following environments. Here you can find more information about our enterprise support.
Please note that the environments listed in this section depend on the version of the Camunda Platform. Please select the corresponding version of this documentation to see the environment that fits to your version of the Camunda Platform. e.g., supported environments for version 7.15
Container/Application Server for Runtime Components
Application-Embedded Process Engine
- All Java application servers
- Camunda Spring Boot Starter: Embedded Tomcat
- Camunda Engine Quarkus Extension
Container-Managed Process Engine and Camunda Cockpit, Tasklist, Admin
- Apache Tomcat 9.0
- JBoss EAP 7.2 / 7.3 / 7.4
- Wildfly Application Server 15.0 / 16.0 / 17.0 / 18.0 / 19.0 / 20.0 / 21.0 / 22.0 / 23.0 / 24.0 / 25.0 / 26.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 9.0 (Enterprise Edition only)
- IBM WebSphere Liberty 22 with Java EE 8 features (Enterprise Edition only, see Installation guide)
- Oracle WebLogic Server 14c (14R1) (Enterprise Edition only)
Supported Database Products
- MySQL 8.0
- MariaDB 10.6
- Oracle 12c / 19c
- IBM DB2 11.5 (excluding IBM z/OS for all versions)
- PostgreSQL 12 / 13 / 14 / 15
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL compatible with PostgreSQL 12 / 13 / 14
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 / 2019 (see Configuration Note)
- Microsoft Azure SQL with Camunda-supported SQL Server compatibility levels
(see Configuration Note):
- SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Azure SQL Database
- H2 2.1 (not recommended for Cluster Mode - see Deployment Note)
- CockroachDB v20.1.3 (see Configuration guide for more details)
Database Clustering & Replication
Clustered or replicated databases are supported given the following conditions. The communication between Camunda Platform and the database cluster has to match with the corresponding non-clustered / non-replicated configuration. It is especially important that the configuration of the database cluster guarantees the equivalent behavior of READ-COMMITTED isolation level.
- Google Chrome latest
- Mozilla Firefox latest
- Microsoft Edge latest
- Java 8 / 11 / 17 (if supported by your application server/container)
- Oracle JDK 8 / 11 / 17
- IBM JDK 8 (with J9 JVM)
- OpenJDK 8 / 11 / 17, including builds of the following products:
- Oracle OpenJDK
- AdoptOpenJDK (with HotSpot JVM)
- Amazon Corretto
- Azul Zulu
Supported environments for Camunda Modeler have moved to docs.camunda.io.
Check our Enterprise Announcements page for confirmed changes to our supported environments in upcoming releases.
Whenever a new version of one of the following environments is released, we target support of that new version with the next minor release of Camunda Platform. A new released environment has to be available three months before the next Camunda Platform minor release to be considered.
- Java Language (LTS)
- Wildfly Application Server
- Oracle Database (LTS)
The exact release in which we support a new environment depends on factors such as the release date of the environment and the required implementation effort.
Version support for other environments is decided case by case, much of which is based on the demand in our user base.
Whenever a new version of one of the following environments is supported, we usually discontinue support of the oldest version with the same release:
- Wildfly Application Server
Note that we may decide to deviate from this policy on a case-by-case basis.