Get Started with the Camunda RPA Bridge
This page describes the steps to orchestrate and execute RPA bots from Camunda Platform using the Camunda Platform RPA Bridge.
Please note that the RPA bridge is only available as enterprise edition.
Please make sure that you have the Java Runtime Environment 8+ installed.
You can verify this by using your terminal, shell, or command line:
If you need to install a Java Runtime Environment, you can find the download from Oracle here.
You will need a running Camunda Platform Enterprise Edition with Camunda 7.14 or later. You can find all downloadable distros here.
Cawemo and Camunda Modeler
The easiest way to create a BPMN model that connects to an RPA bot is by using Cawemo to create a worker catalog that you can apply to your process model using the Camunda Modeler. Make sure to use Cawemo 1.4 (or later) and Camunda Modeler 4.2 (or later).
- Download the Camunda RPA Bridge distro from here.
- Extract the downloaded archive
- Configure the bridge with the shipped
application.ymlfile (see the user guide for a full list of configuration options).
- Start the Bridge by executing the jar file:
java -jar camunda-bpm-rpa-bridge.jar
- Create and deploy a model that includes an RPA service task (see the user guide for more information) to the Camunda Platform
The bridge will now forward RPA tasks to the configured RPA vendor and publish the result back to Camunda. You can observe the process via Cockpit.