CDI and Java EE Integration
The camunda-engine-cdi module provides programming model integration with CDI (Context and Dependency Injection). CDI is the Java EE 6 standard for Dependency Injection. The camunda-engine-cdi integration leverages both the configuration of the Camunda engine and the extensibility of CDI. The most prominent features are:
- A custom El-Resolver for resolving CDI beans (including EJBs) from the process,
- Support for @BusinessProcessScoped beans (CDI beans the lifecycle of which is bound to a process instance),
- Declarative control over a process instance using annotations,
- The Process Engine is hooked-up to the CDI event bus,
- Works with both Java EE and Java SE,
- Support for unit testing.
In order to use the camunda-engine-cdi module inside your application, you must include the following Maven dependency:
Please import the Camunda BOM to ensure correct versions for every Camunda project.
<dependency> <groupId>org.camunda.bpm</groupId> <artifactId>camunda-engine-cdi</artifactId> </dependency>
Replace ‘x’ with your Camunda BPM version.
There is a project template for Maven called
camunda-archetype-ejb-war, which gives you a complete running project including the CDI integration.